REVISED REPOST: Suspension and heating

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: REVISED REPOST: Suspension and heating
From: jblewis@mit.edu
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 11:27:16 EDT
(having mail problems sorry if you already saw this)

As a newbe to this list I don't feel I should be giving advice, BUT....
I suggest trying only one project at a time.  I've been working on two and
like Win95 (tm) I cant really multitask either. Anyway two questions:

1. I have the heater box apart and derusted. What is the best thing to paint it
with?  Will regular weather strip glue work for the felt pads on the
defroster flap or should I use a hightemp glue such as used for clothes dryer
felts. Also, I would like to replace the "heater outlet seal" (Moss p. 81 #51)
 but, they don't have'em any more. Does anyone know a source or kludge?
 Finally any advice on reassembly would be welcome.

2. I just finished up new bushings and distance tubes, etc. for the
front suspension (funny, they dont mention needing a hacksaw in the manual).
THere was a small bit of spring in each springpan (I put them back in on
reassembly).  Why were they there?  They are not part of the springs.
Also what should I have painted the suspension parts with (regular
rustoleum seems to have been inadaquate).

Oh yeah, this all on a 72 MGB.

thanks,

Jeff Lewis
jblewis@mit.edu