Re: starter pinion and side markers

To: matthew edward morris <mem@engin.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: starter pinion and side markers
From: Tom LeBlanc <leblanc@graddiv.ucsb.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, matthew edward morris wrote:

> I own a 69 midget, <snip>
>
> also, this car has reflective side markers behind the front wheels, I
> have not seen any similar and was wondering if they were standard?
>
> matt morris

Yes, 1968 was the year that the Feds began the safety campaign in
earnest. US model 1969 MG Midgets and Bs had silly little reflector on the
front and rear wings as a stop-gap until the side-marker lights could be
developed.  The reflectors look like something that might have been added
by a DPO, but it was the factory.  They can be rare, as many a PO took them
off.  That, and replacement cost is higher than one would think due to
supply and demand (only on one year).

Tom ('73 B with lights, '69 GT bodyshell with some relectors)
Thomas Le Blanc                            E-mail:<leblanc@graddiv.ucsb.edu>
Admissions Assistant                 www:<http://graddiv.ucsb.edu/~leblanc/>
Graduate Division, University of California        Telephone:(805) 893-8240
Santa Barbara,CA 93106-2070, USA                   Facsimile:(805) 893-8259