Re: My husband screwed up my car!

To: Sharon Zurflieh <zurf@emi.net>
Subject: Re: My husband screwed up my car!
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 17:12:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Sharon Zurflieh wrote:

> Somebody please help me!  My car ('79 MGB) had no problems whatsoever for
> eighteen
> months.  Then recently my fuel pump died, so my husband replaced it with
> an electric
> one.  Then the smog pump seized, so he removed it.  Immediately
> afterwards all the accessories (radio, lights, tachometer, etc.) died, so
> my husband removed the voltage regulator.  Now the car is experiencing
> intermittent blackouts, which wouldn't be
> so bad except I have to reprogram my radio every time it happens.  It
> happens every
> time I put the key in the ignition, and sometimes when I'm driving.
> Also, almost
> every time I stop the car the engine races until I tap on the gas pedal.

Sharon,

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I remember reading a novel, I think
the title was "Recall" but that could be wrong, about a man who insured
his wife heavily and bought her a Pinto.  It was rear-ended, burst into
flames, and he collected the insurance.  He remarried, and bought his new
wife a Gremlin...

This may be a variation on the theme.  Has your husband increased your
insurance lately?

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910