RE: My husband screwed up my car!

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: My husband screwed up my car!
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 12:49:00 PDT
Keep the car, sell the husband. If you can fix a lawnmower, how much harder
can an MG be?

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: My husband screwed up my car!
Date: Thursday, September 14, 1995 12:04PM

Somebody please help me!  My car ('79 MGB) had no problems whatsoever for
eighteen
months.  Then recently my fuel pump died, so my husband replaced it with
an electric
one.  Then the smog pump seized, so he removed it.  Immediately
afterwards all the accessories (radio, lights, tachometer, etc.) died, so
my husband removed the voltage regulator.  Now the car is experiencing
intermittent blackouts, which wouldn't be
so bad except I have to reprogram my radio every time it happens.  It
happens every
time I put the key in the ignition, and sometimes when I'm driving.
Also, almost
every time I stop the car the engine races until I tap on the gas pedal.
Could there
be a short somewhere?  Do I need a new voltager regulator?  Do I need a
new husband?
Would somebody please tell me what to do so I can have my nice reliable
car back?

BTW, I just fixed a dead lawnmower (clogged jet) that both my husband and
his
father couldn't fix.  HAH!

TIA

__