Re: LBC, BTW?

To: brooked@bre.co.uk, MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: LBC, BTW?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 15:53:11 -0700
In message <009966D3.41342780.3@brush.bre.co.uk>  writes:

> Meanwhile, back at the TLA's (three letter acronyms)...
>
> What does the D of DPO stand for, if the PO is previous owner.

Dreaded previous owner.  This is the person who incorrecltly fixed everything
with wrong parts, made the strangist modifications, rewired the car in all white
wire without looking at the wire diagram (push horn button for left turn signal,
press brights for insturment panel lights, ec).  In the case of my TR3 its the
person who wire brushed over the rust holes, put fiberglass over them then
painted the car. selling it to me right afterwards.  For my Land Rover the
Dreaded previous owner was the person who didn't know to put oil anywhere but
the engine.  He ran it untill the rear diff went out, then drove it on front
wheel drive untill the transfer case ran out of oil.  Of course now I did get
the Land Rover very cheaply because of that.

Its that person, real or imaginary that you blame for all the wrong things, or
lack of proper maintnence on before you got the car.

TeriAnn Wakeman           FOR SALE:  1968 MGBGT. British racing green with
twakeman@apple.com                    black interior. overdrive. recently
                          US$ 2500    rebuilt engine & brakes. very minor
                                      surface rust at paint scratches