Re: LBC, BTW?

To: davids@CyberGate.COM, Silikal@aol.com, macedonia-statc@kaman.com,
Subject: Re: LBC, BTW?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 15:54:21 -0700
In message <Pine.SV4.3.91.950914213530.8867A-100000@emerald> David Simpson
writes:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> > Having been around on the British car list when the LBC accronem was being
> > coined, it was decided that it would stand for little AND large so those of
> > us
> > with long wheelbase Land Rovers, MK VII Jags and Bentleys wouldn't feel
> > slighted.  It was a way to have a common accronem that everyone could
> > identify
> > with.
>

>      What does an MG/Healey/Tr etc. have in common with a Land Rover or a
> Bentley? Or a coal lorry, for that matter? And why was no one concerned
> that owners of Medium-size British Cars are being slighted? I know, let's
> call them UTD's (Unspecified Transportation Devices)? That way, no one
> would be slighted, and the whole world would have an acronym that
> everyone could identify with!
>
> (The preceding has NOT been a flame, just late-night grouchiness after a
> non-stop Heathrow-Los Angeles flight. Apologies to any lbc, lac, sjc,
> mac, or utd owners. I don't, however mind offending judc owners/drivers)
>

> Dave "The Grouch" Simpson
> I assume no responsibility for any acronyms other than my own.
>
> davids@cybergate.com

David
 MG/Healey/TR and Land Rovers and Bentleys are all British cars AND we are
dealing with a British car mail list that had/has people subscribed that have
Bentleys & Land Rovers.  They have an amazing number of parts in common as well
as all being British cars.

LBC -WAS- ment to stand for -ALL- Brtish cars on the mail list regardless of
size.

So you got a MK II Jag, Sterling or Rover car & feel that its neither big or
little?

Next time get some sleep before flying off the handle

TeriAnn Wakeman           FOR SALE:  1968 MGBGT. British racing green with
twakeman@apple.com                    black interior. overdrive. recently
                          US$ 2500    rebuilt engine & brakes. very minor
                                      surface rust at paint scratches