Shock absorbers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shock absorbers
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.wfu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 08:43:58 -0400
  Having had a hard time finding motorcycle fork oil and being too impatient to
wait for Armstrong oil from VB, I decided to try hydraulic jack oil in my front
lever shocks. I sucked out all the old stuff with a syringe before topping up
with the new stuff. It has made a huge difference - quite stiff.  I initially
intended this as a temporary measure to see if it improved handling.  It did
such a good job I'm tempted to leave it in but I don't know if it will have an
adverse affect on the longevity of my shocks.  Anyone have any long term
experience with this?

Tom
74 Midget

Thomas Wannenburg MD.
Cardiology, Bowman Gray School of Medicine
Wake Forest Univ
twannen@isnet.is.wfu.edu