Re: Manual Spridget Engine Revolution and more

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manual Spridget Engine Revolution and more
From: Alan Brooke <alban@psdb-tb.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 14:12:47 +0100
>I am not sure what is the best
>method for turning the engine over by hand.

Stick it in 4th and push

>The engine burns some oil, and while I'm not sure if it is the rings or
>the valve guides

Check the seals on the tops of the valve guides, they stop excessive
amounts of oil going down the guide. Over time they tend to perish and
become les effective.

Midgets normally only have them the inlet but later Mini's have them on the
exhaust too.

As for the unleaded head it's easiest to buy one. The conversion involves
machining the head to take hardened seats, inserting the seat and replacing
the valve with a suitable one. Not too difficult I agree but if it goes
wrong you can't get your money back if you did it yourself!

Al