Re: rebound straps

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rebound straps
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 95 10:48:00 PDT
> I mean what do they really do??

  Seemed kind of a poor solution to me... hadn't they heard of torsion bars?

Or have I guessed wrong as to the rebound strap's function?

Nothing mystical, gentlemen. They are simply a cost-effective, simple method
to limit the travel of the axle housing. Torsion bars are fine to increase
the torsional stability of the car and may serve to limit the travel of the
axle, but rebound straps aren't for any such noble purpose. They simply
limit the axle travel, without altering the suspension characteristics in
any way. Period, end of story.

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com