Radiator Fan Switch Info

Subject: Radiator Fan Switch Info
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 21:34:00 -0700
Just a little more info on the famous electric fan switch with funny rubber
gasket. I to had a blow out a few years ago. Replaced the sensor and rubber
bushing, added a little silicon sealant and tacked a little solder on the
connector. This did involve filing off some plastic and wrapping with tape.
This has worked now for years without problem. Also replaced the cooling fans
because the motor brushes wornout.

More info, the fan switch is also available with a triangluar flange
attached. This part (Number C45086) is the switch used on the Jaguar V-12.
It closes at 195F and opens at 190F. I eyeballed the fit and it seams
possible to screw in the sensor and rid yourself of that rubber bushing
problem forever. You would need the sensor, six brass nuts and three brass
screws, silicon sealer, gasket supplied with the sensor and some locktite. I
would drill the three holes in the radiator top tank and insert the screws
from the inside out, install the sensor/gasket/sealant, and use double nuts
on the outside. Just dont like thinking about loose nuts running around
inside the water jacket. The sensor can be had from SICP for about $20
800-672-7427.

Richard White
72 xke
80 mgb