Re: Does Waxoyl really work?

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Subject: Re: Does Waxoyl really work?
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:17:40 -0800
>Did you ever consider heating the tube? IMHO if you wrap the tube with
>a resistance wire (i.e. thermocouple wire) and run some battery current
>through it it should heat the tube nicely.

Well, no I didn't think of that, but things are getting complicated.

What I really think I'll do is coat the inside of the sills with oil and
save the Waxoyl for more exposed areas. Somewhere I saw a suggestion to
plug, temporarily, the sill drain holes and pour in some used engine oil.
Rocking the car by making several quick starts and stops distributes the
oil into crannies that Waxoyl, blindly sprayed thru a long tube, probably
can't get into.  The excess oil is drained by removing the plugs.  If the
oil keeps the sills as rust-free as the underside of the car is kept by
leaks, I'll be happy.

Russ Wilson