Re: Does Waxoyl really work?

To: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Does Waxoyl really work?
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 12:35:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, A.D.Smith wrote:

>          in my limited experience waxoyl does set in the spray tube but
> once the initial hard bit has been forced out the rest flows freely.
>
> Of course you end up wasting the harder bits, but what can you do ?

I found keeping waxoyl warm by putting the container in hot water was
tiresome and not very effective.  I used an infrared type electric heater
(the type with a quartz tube element).  I sat the can (with lid on loose)
in front of the heater.  Between bouts of spraying, I put the spray tube
near the heater, and everything stayed nicely liquid.

At that, if you already have an air compressor, I strongly advocate
spending a bit for a semi-professional application outfit that uses
compressed air.  With mine, I sprayed waxoyl in one end of the rocker,
and could see a mist of waxoyl emerge from the other end.  That degree of
coverage would be impossible with the little plastic pump up system.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910