Re: Does Waxoyl really work?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Does Waxoyl really work?
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 07:31:04 -0800
Clark Smith wrote:
>Also, on the subject of spraying, one trick I tried was to thin the waxoyl by
>cutting it down with kerosene.  I did this is in the early winter
>time and then let the car sit for a few weeks

I think this explains the discreptancies in this thread.  It's the
thinning.  Clark uses Waxoyl in the winter and it runs out of his sills for
weeks; I use it in the summer and it congeals in the spray tube.  The stuff
I used had the consistency of peanut butter (clotted cream for you Brits
who don't have the refined American taste for smashed goobers) until
heated.  There's no way it would run out.  I'll get some kerosene....

Russ (Oh, to be having creamed tea and scones in Devon again) Wilson