Re: FW: MGA Tires

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com
Subject: Re: FW: MGA Tires
From: Mike Lambdin <E720LAM@TOE.TOWSON.EDU>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 1995 09:03:12 -0500 (EST)
Mike Lambdin answered:

> Ted, you're forgetting the charges for mounting, balancing, valve stems
> along with taxes.
> Which tire store chain advertises the "on the rim and out the door"
> prices?

Denise responded:

]And then there are the tubes, road hazard warranty, and (in California) the
]environmental fee they charge you for throwing away your old tires for you.
]In San Diego, old tires go to Mexico where they become sandals.  I wonder if
]radial sandals handle better than bias ply sandals.

How could I have forgotten the enviromental fee?! Here in the "Free State"
of Maryland (a contradiction in terms) we pay not only an enviromental
tax, for each tire purchased, but also a fee to the tire merchant to dispose
of the used rubber.
Here in the land of pleasant living you can tell how prosperous a waterman
or tug boat operator is by what kind of tire is strapped to the side of their
boat.
As for sandals, I prefer the A/T model for hiking.