Re: Farina MG?

To: David Hay <daveph@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Farina MG?
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 01:44:10 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, David Hay wrote:

a good history of Magnettes and 1100s and asked,

> On a final note, I don't think the Mark 3 was ever referred to as a
> "Farina MG" or "Farina Mark 3" but I could be wrong. Also does anyone
> know if there was a "Princess" version of the 1300?

Yes, see page 101 in Practical Classics Sept 95 for a picture of a Vanden
Plas Princess 1100 complete with half a walnut tree and picnic tables
inside.  The Magnette Mark 3 was not officially known as a Farina, but it
is commonly referred to as one of the "BMC Farinas" today.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910