Re: Speedometer error.....

To: SBERCOVICH@cbe.ab.ca
Subject: Re: Speedometer error.....
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 16:36:22
On Monday 20, November Shel Bercovich wrote:

>IMS, the drive gear for the speedo is a right-angled casting that
>fits onto the tranny housing. There are different gear rations for
>OD and for non-OD. See if you can find the gear from an OD car.

INHO, all the right angle speedometor drive adaptor's are the same.
I base this on the fact that all these adapters have the same Moss
P/N regardless of application (i.e. early box, late box, O/D box).
It is the Speedometor Pinnion inside the gearbox itself which is
different. There are three different ones for Non-O/D units and
three different ones for O/D units. Again this is based on Moss
P/N(s).

On all transmissions I install, I omit the use of the right angle
adapter if I can suitably reroute the cable to obtain a little
extra play and avoid the need for it. I also try to avoid the use
of a right angle adapter at the speedometor end of the cable.

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Have MG will travel

PS: I've mailed Mark my contribution have you?