Re: Slick-50

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com, kerch@parc.xerox.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slick-50
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:31:39 -0500
> From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>

>  > I put Slick-50 in my 1980 Olds 5.7L Deisel. The results were inconclusive
>  > since I blew a piston apart and damaged the block beyond repair.
>
> Um, it sounds like you put Slick-50 in your Olds and the results were you
>blew> a piston apart and damaged the block beyond repair...
>
>   --berry

I wouldn't jump on Slick-50 for that one incident. If Slick-50 caused
that problem they would have a class action suit so fast their laywers
would have to be slicker than 50. The problem is with the piston design
for that engine. It is not strong enough around the web where the wrist
pin attaches. That is one reason why GM had a class action suit against
that engine. It is a common problem.

- -Mark    = =o&o