Re: lamps

To: tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com
Subject: Re: lamps
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:32:41 -0500
> Mark,
>   the shield medallion says,"Lucas" with "PL" below that.  The bulb is
> rather big with a built-in metal disc just below the glass bulb that centers
> and positions the bulb in the headlight.  The writing on the bulb says,"12V
> 60/40w, made in England, lamp 417".  I think it said "lamp"....I know it
> said 417.  It has 3 flat metal prongs. 2 parallel and 1, 90 degrees to the
> first 2.  These plug into a black cylindrical socket inside of the fender
> cavity.  It also had "LH drive" on the bulb.
> Thanks for the help.

Don,

I talked to my friend and he has those tripod lamps. He is pretty sure he can
get 417 bulbs. He is checking. He also thinks that he can get an adapter so you
can use modern halogen bulbs in them. He is checking on that too. I'll let you
know what he finds.

- -Mark " I am not really in the parts business" Jurras

= =o&o