Re: Springs and Hangers and things...

To: Matthew Jones <matthew.jones@kcl.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Springs and Hangers and things...
From: Bill Mills <williem@nando.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 95 07:56:02 -0500
-- [ From: Bill Mills * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

The Oil Press gauge on my 70BGT went flaky about 1 yr ago.  I though it was
the engine and went through the swap of the engine before putting a
mechanical pressure gauge on the car.  I still haven't been back into it to
find out whether it was the gauge or the sending unit that was at fault.
The last time I looked the sending unit for this model was no longer
available, the sending unit on other year models could be fitted I guess.
The last listing for this sender in Moss or British Vic. was about $90.  I
found a used sender unit a while back and plan to put it on.  That should
tell me whether the problem was the sender or gauge.  Does the oil press.
gauge on these go through the instrument voltage stabilizer like the Fuel
and temp.?  Other gauges seem to work properly.