Re: battery still on concrete (was: need for speed)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: battery still on concrete (was: need for speed)
From: Ted Weiler <tweiler@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 07:48:33 -0800
At 09:46 AM 12/4/95 PST, you wrote:
>james fischer said:
>
>>             2) You bring a battery and a CB radio.
>>             2a) Just for luck, the battery in
>>                 question should NOT be set on
>>                 concrete, but I don't want to
>>                 start THAT thread AGAIN...
>
>Just an update, the battery is still at 13 Volts and holding.  However,
>there's no MG electrical flux field near it because the "Honey, in the
>interests of science, I need to park my car in the garage" trick didn't
>work.  And I inspected the contents of the sewer line under the battery,
>but didn't find anything other than you'd expect.
>
>Here's a plot of the results so far (logarithmic voltage scale):
>
>13 |  --------------------------------------
>12 | '
>0  |
>    then                                 now

As I write this, there is a conversation going on in the lab outside my door
about someones battery going dead.  One engineer warning another not to
store it on a concrete floor.  I will print out your mail and hand it to them.

Good job on the sewer!  Any word on the name of the dog?

Ted

 Edward B. (Ted) Weiler, TWeiler@Eskimo.com
 Engineering Manager, Olympic Medical, OlyMed@aol.com
 Director, Volunteers NorthWest , VNW@AOL.COM