Re: My 71 MGB's front end is higher than the rear, WHY?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My 71 MGB's front end is higher than the rear, WHY?
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 95 09:24:00 PST
Joey in FL asked:

>          My 1971 MGB  is lifted in the front end and I cant figure out why
> can someone please help?  Every thing looks OK I dont understand why?

I once saw a B that had Austin Healey lever shocks installed in the
front.  The arms to the shocks are curved which lifted the front end
about 2".  Also, when installing A-arm bushings, the nuts that hold
in the bushings should only be tightened down with the car on the
ground.  If they're tightened with the suspension hanging down, there'll
be a certain amount of preload on the bushings.

That's all I can think of unless someone stole your engine.  If you don't
get the right answer, ask again and tell us how long the car has been like
this and what's been done to it lately.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com