Re: MGB idle

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB idle
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 01:30:09 -0500
Well, I have lost the original post while I was away visiting
inlaws but here is my suggestion to the guy who was having
trouble getting a steady idle:

The last post I saw, he mentioned that the PO had converted
to negative ground.  Check the polarity of the coil.  Believe it
or not, you do get a better spark, at a lower voltageif the voltage at
the spark plug terminal is negative.  According to an article
in the tech tips from the Carolinas Area Austin-Healey Club,
this is because the center electrode on the spark plug gets
hotter than the side electrode.  Electrons will jump the gap
more easily from a hotter electrode.

If the coil has the terminals marked + and -, the - terminal
should be connected to the wire which goes to the points.

Hope this helps,
Peter Schauss
pschauss@aol.com
1980 MGB