RE: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Failure (again!)
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:39:35 +1100
>I'll say it again.  My SU is only a few months old, not the original
>piece.  You guys HAVE convinced me to take it apart and see what I can see.

John,

Have a check of the fuel lines from the pump, both to the tank and to the
engine bay and make sure they are not blocked.  The fuel pump works on
differential pressure thus will cut out if either the carbie has enough fuel
or the line to the carby is blocked or restricted by a blockage or a dirty
fuel filter.  It is equally going to cut out if it cannot get fuel from the
tank due to a bent or blocked pick up.  If the pump works on the bench but
not in the car then I bet that this is the problem.

Regards,
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055