Re: '52 Alvis FOR SALE

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '52 Alvis FOR SALE
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 96 12:41:26 PST
Chet in balmy Dav Ia said:

> In a message dated 96-02-08 01:20:54 EST, thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise
> Thorpe) writes:
>
> >Don't respond to the
> >sender of this post because I've said all I'm a gonna say on the subject.
> >
> >Denise Thorpe
>
> Well at least you did'nt say, ever again, or never, something that you may
> take back in the distant future!!!
>

>         As often as I read your words, I was just wondering???

People who subscribe to the British car list and not the MG list are probably
wondering what you're talking about because that was my first post there.  I
don't subscribe to the big list--the MG list overflows my mailbox as it is.

I just meant that people shouldn't ask me about the car because I don't have
any answers and the owner does, but I was kinda hoping that someone would
comment about Alvises (Alves?) in general.  Other than the one belonging to
my friend, I've never seen or heard of an Alvis.  And I'm no stranger to
obscure Britcars.  So does anyone know anything about the Alvis, who made it,
what other models they made, etc.?

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com