Re: '52 Alvis FOR SALE

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '52 Alvis FOR SALE
From: DGeis@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 01:30:35 -0500
Denise asked if anyone knows anything about the Alvis.

I don't know much, but a saw a couple of absolutely great looking 1930's
Alvis sports cars or road racers in l955.  They looked as if they had
languished in some British junk yard through WWII and had been dredged up in
a car load lot of prewar castoffs including also some SS Jaguar road cars of
the same vintage.  The selling price at that time was in the $200 - $300
range.  It was far more money than I could afford but I went every day to
look at them and covet them until finally they were gone.  I also saw
somewhere a late forties Alvis woody wagon that was pretty neat.  It has
always been my understanding that the Alvis was a quality car.

Dave Geissinger 53TD