SU FOOL PUMPS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU FOOL PUMPS
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 07:58:31 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
          So, I am a little behind. There was a discussion of
          su fool pumps going on. I know they came in negative
          and positive ground varieties.

          The question is, how can one tell which flavour one has
          without opening the sucker up? Are there any external
          signs?

          I have a bucket full of pumps. I just pulled one from
          the bucket and stuck it on the  car. It pumps fuel to
          the carbs (maybe not as strong a flow as it could be.)

          This on a 71/2 midget. Negative earth. Don't know what car
          the pump came from. Could have been a 66 spridget. Could
          have been a 69 spridget.

          Were not all 1275's electric pumped? And, were not all
          1275's negative earth?

          'Course, the history of all the pumps in the bucket is
          unknown.

          Alan