RE: Canned Spray Paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Canned Spray Paint
From: pbailey@qnet.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:04:06 -0800
I sprayed one wing(fender)and both rubber bumpers on my 79 B out of a spray can
and the results were very good.I had a auto paint co put factory paint in the
cans for me at 12.50 a can and the match was perfect of course the car has
always been garaged which probably helped.I sanded it down applied a good auto
primer
and wet sanded the finished paint I had no experience before doing it and
actually I was amazed how good it looks I would say if you have more time than
money(and who doesn't) go ahead and try it I think I could probably paint the
whole car with 10 cans which would be $150-$200 including primer,masking tape
,sandpaper etc .Not bad considering what even a cheapo paint job would go for
and you would have the satisfaction of telling everyone how you did it .People
are still amazed when I tell them I used a can!My advice though would be use
real auto paint not Krylon or generic enamel.BTW if anyone wants to see a
picture of my car it on the MG enthusiasts page in the UK at www.mgcars.org.uk
Pat 79 "B"