Re: Canned Spray Paint

To: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Subject: Re: Canned Spray Paint
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:30:19 PST
>>>Robert J. Donahue said:
  > On a totally unrelated matter, is it possible to attach pictures to these
 > e-mails (like jpegs)?

Well, yes, but... there are various standards not everyone implements.  The
closest thing to a universal standard would be MIME, but various
implementations interoperate in, um, not entirely predictable ways.

 >  It may not be appropriate to post something that  big on the mailing
 > list.

My feeling too.  I recommend dumping the image on the team.net ftp site and
mentioning it here; I've done that once or twice and it seems to work.

If someone cannot access the FTP site and still wants the image, one can send
it to them privately.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center