Re: re-black bumpers

To: taylorts@syr.ge.com
Subject: Re: re-black bumpers
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 12:10:43 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996 taylorts@syr.ge.com wrote:

> I need to restore the black rubber on my 80 B's bumpers.
> Can I get ideas on how people do this, what do you use etc...
> thanks   .....Todd
>
> I have used various things and nothing seems to work well....

Tod:
I've used several items in an attempt to restore the rubber on my 79B, with
varying degrees of success:

1. Black shoe polish covers up & fills any scuff marks..
2. Notwithstanding the well-known problem of corroding brake parts, I've
found that brake fluid is an effective rubber conditioner - even DOT3..

Of course, YMMV.

Jim Mellander
jmel@netcom.com