Re: Q/Clutch/Midget -Reply

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com
Subject: Re: Q/Clutch/Midget -Reply
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 96 15:29:08 -0500
          Mark,

          I "renewed" the clevis and used a new pin. On both the slave
          and the master. I'm fairly certain there is no lost motion.
          Just a soft pedal. I'll yank the master at the weekend and
          have a peek inside.

          Alan

Author:  Non-HP-jurrasm (jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com) at HP-USA,shargw2
Date:    3/4/96 2:20 PM

> You might want to replace the steel line from the master to the slave, and
> the rubber hose, if fitted. Maybe you have a tiny leak in there. With the
> gear crunching, see if it will engage easily with the engine not running.  If
> it will then I'd suspect the fork that the throw out bearing fits into has
> become worn or cracked.
>
> Also, check the brakcet for the slave. Is it flexing  or worn/loose ? Have
> someone depress the clutch while you watch underneath. See if the
> bracket moves and then have them hold the pedal down to see if you're
> slowly loosing pressure.
>
> Finally, if you have one of those bloody tipit valves in the master check
> that it's working - but as far as I've seen they are only fitted to brake
> masters.

When I took the clutch slave cylinder off my '67BGT, because it was
leaking (streaming) fluid on the ground, I found that the slace
cylinder pushrod and pin were worn about 1/8" total. This may not seem
like much but may pose a problem.

- -Mark