Re: MOSS Motors

To: Roe <proe@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Subject: Re: MOSS Motors
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 11:11:56 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Roe wrote:

> Here's another thumbs up for Moss Motors. Deal with them most of the time

Here is a thumbs sideways.  My major complaint about Moss is that they
sell some items that they must know do not work.  I ordered a bugeye
grille from them, which I found was two piece (original was one piece),
had terrible chrome, had the wrong mesh size in the center, and which had
the attachment posts in different spots so it would not fit in the
original holes.

I bought (for very high prices) two headlamp trim rings for the bugeye.
They were about 1/8 inch too small to fit over the lamp units.  I defy
anyone to put these on a car.  Is it too much to ask that reproduction
parts fit?  They took back the grille and rims cheerfully, but the whole
business was annoying.  I think the company owner even has a bugeye they
could try headlamp rings on.

The tonneau cover they sell for a bugeye is actually for a Mark II.  It
fits, and the quality is excellent, but originality seekers won't be
pleased.

On the plus side, I got a front bumper from them that has beautiful, near
show  quality chrome.  The bumper guards were from china, and not so
beautiful, but would be hard to beat for the price.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910