Re: MOSS Motors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOSS Motors
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 20:36:50 -0800
>>Taiwanese chrome goodies absolutely stink.  Overall, though, Moss is OK
>
>I have purchased from Moss for a number of years, adding up
>to an amount I dare not reveal to my wife.

I too have helped put several Moss employee's children through college while
removing any hope for my own kids....

My MOSS/Taiwan story...

Last spring while readying my TC for the road I thought it would be great to
get some 'wind-wings'. (the small glass deflectors that attach to the ends
of the windscreen).  I ordered a set from MOSS with some other, more
necessary parts, and with their usual prompt and professional service, the
parts all arrived safely (safely.. fast). The down-side was the wind-wings
were plexi-glass and had horrid little stickers that read " Made in Taiwan".
Being somewhat of a purist where the TC is concerned, it was hard for me but
I eventually swallowed my pride and attached the wind-wings, sans stickers,
of course.

Not long afterwards, while out for a 'top-down / windscreen-up' run with my
youngest daughter the left side wind-wing fairly LEPT off the car, skidded
down the asphalt behind us and was promptly run over by a car travelling in
the opposite direction.  Naturally I pulled over and ran back to retrieve
the wayward wind-wing and then checked the right side one.  It was moments
away from repeating the leap of the left.  I SWEAR, when I mounted those
suckers I cranked the mounting screws down tight enough to score the chrome
on the edge of the windscreen. That's TIGHT!

The only explanation I can think of is rejection of foreign parts.

I unsuccesfully lobbied to have the TC prescribed Interferon but had to
settle for Locktite. (It's much cheaper per dose but not covered by Medicare)

Seriously, MOSS has been very good for both my MG's.  Vic Brit has been good
to the 'B and Abingdon Spares has pulled the odd miracle out of their used
parts bin and been a reliable supplier of new parts for the TC.

Counting the days 'till the TC hits the road in the Great GREEN North!
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528
                                                1966 MGB-GT