Re: Gulp valves and their replacement or repair

To: Steve Patchel <spatchel@radford.com>
Subject: Re: Gulp valves and their replacement or repair
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:18:19 -0800 (PST)
Dear Steve and Netters,

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Steve Patchel wrote:

> I'm uncertain if there is any relationship between the cost of a part and
> its reliability, especially when it comes to lbc's.

Oh, would it be true that money spent could assure quality obtained!

> That's a long way of
> saying that paying US$80 for a glup valve is in no way any guarantee it will
> perform the required function for more than a few..days(?)...months(?)

The alternative is to state that MGBs backfire upon deceleration and
forget it. The noise isn't too bad, and unless one is in the areas with
heavy lead precipitation, attracts only mild attention.

> Finally regarding storage of the air pump. In theory if one was to remove
> the pump it should be preserved in an appropriate manner--please refer to
> Egyptian Book of the Dead for complete instructions. If I was to have
> removed my pump, again just in theory, I would keep it in a dry place and
> reattach it only when it was time to deal with the California SMOG patrol.

Indeed it does, of course I would only remove said components in order to
repair or replace them, right?

> Hope this helps

Indeed it does

John Peloquin