Re: Gulp valves and their replacement or repair

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: Gulp valves and their replacement or repair
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 11:39:34 -0600 (CST)
Steve Patchel writes:
> I'm uncertain if there is any relationship between the cost of a part and
> its reliability, especially when it comes to lbc's. That's a long way of
> saying that paying US$80 for a glup valve is in no way any guarantee it will
> perform the required function for more than a few..days(?)...months(?)

I was just now thumbing through my personal archives, searching for the
bit about Datsun pickup engines sharing parts with 'B engines.  One of
the participants (Denise, it may have been you) mentioned a nasty rumour
that Datsun Z-car gulp valves might work on the 'B.

(Originality in a _gulp valve_?  What the hell for?)

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer - the possible recipient of a Datsun rocker assembly

"I could go at any time..."