Re: Wire Wheel/tubes or not?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel/tubes or not?
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:42:15 -0600
Hello,

>So..... a question for you wire wheelers out there.  Are any of you running
>sans tubes?  How did you handle the sends of the spokes?  Silicone sealant?
>recommendations would be appreciated.

I don't know if you CAN run without tubes, but I wouldn't do it.  It would
constantly be worried about the air leaking out of the spoke wholes...
especially in a hard turn <g>

I believe MOSS advertises they sell quality tubes (I have no idea if they
are) but I always pick up my tubes down at the local Firestone <g>  I have
only had one flat with these tubes in 8 years... and that was a slow leak...

Ross
// Ross A. Goldberg (aka Loki)
// http://www.computek.net/public/loki
// loki@computek.net