New Paint Job Buffing?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Paint Job Buffing?
From: Michael Boley <mdboley@hpbs1117.boi.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 96 8:28:20 MST
Greeting fellow SOL's

On to a new thread....

I recently had some budget sheet metal with an entire paint job
done on the 68GTB.  All in all I am very pleased with the product
I recieved for what I paid. (Sheet Metal = $100US with Paint on the
entire vechile at $240US.)  This was done at the local discount place
after I interview the body guy and painter, and determined their respective
level of expertise.

My question:  What is the best way to buff out the job they did to provide
that extra bit of finish prior to sealing the beast up with a good coat of
wax or taking it down to the local clear coat shop?  I did remove the
bumpers, insignia and mirrors etc prior to taking it to the shop.
So...while it's still some what stripped what is the best way to proceed.

Secondly...I was told my bullet mirrors were an add on by the local
commerical LBC garage.  I was also told the mounting point was above
the knock-offs on the front fender.  I had the original holes filled
when the body work was done.  I now have the luxury of putting them
in the proper place.  What is the proper place?

Thanks for your thoughts....

Michael Boley
mdboley@hpbs1117.boi.hp.com
'68BGT