Weber Carb on MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Carb on MGB
From: FUSIONDES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:27:37 -0500
I believe my original post didn't make it to the list over the weekend, my
apologies to those who will see this twice (and my thanks to those who wrote
me directly). My problem is that my newly acquired '74 GT with one used Weber
just installed, is a LOT slower than my '70 Roadster with dual SU's ...

The GT runs beautifully (much smoother than with the SU's), has an
electric choke, starts good, but ... is a pig.  I didn't drive it
that much with the SU's, but I know it is MUCH slower than the
Roadster.  Much, much slower (acceleration)!  It is almost
embarrassing when I am in traffic.  I see British Victoria lists
a Jet assortment kit for Webers -- might I have a "Granny" jet
(or fuel economy type jet) in the carb.  Should I buy the jet kit,
find a bigger, better, whatever jet that will make the car perform
better ... or are down draft Webers (a two barrel) that much poorer
performers than dual SU carbs.  Does the GT, weighing more than the
Roadster hamper performance? Anybody with Weber experience out
there?  Love the idea of the much simpler to maintain Weber, hate the
performance!  Thanking you in advance.

Dave Tietz
'70 MGB Roadster/'74 MGB-GT -- Love the cars, love the Marque!