Re: New Top Installation Questions

To: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Subject: Re: New Top Installation Questions
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 13:48:30 -0800 (PST)
I second John's oppinions. Temperature is quite important. A top that is
a little loose in warm waether might not look perfect, but you will be
able to put the top up and down in cold weather (very convenient).
Also, since you have a Robbins top, the snaps in the rear are not
preinstalled. Here, too, temperature makes a big difference.
I have a Crown top which came with snaps in place, and I can't close some
(the two innermost ones) of the snaps in the back unless it is quite warm
out, much warmer than the typical top down temperature.

Also, don't install your top in direct sunlight. Since it is black, it
will heat up and "grow".

Haven't put my top up in two weeks, yeah!
Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy