Re: Attaching Folding Frame to car

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Subject: Re: Attaching Folding Frame to car
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 19:56:25 -0600
Denise,

>but they're plugged by blanks.)  The frame is mounted to the car inside of
>(interior to) the brackets that the tonneau bar fits into so that a tonneau
>bar can be in place with the top frame still on.  The frame is held in place
>by three really long #3 Posidrive countersunk screws that go through the
>frame (which has some pretty big spacers where the screws go through) and
>then through the tonneau bar brackets (black on later cars?) into the body.

Hmmm.... I think then, the my problem is not where the brackets attach to
the car (this piece is the one that the three bolts go through and also have
a snap for the top to button to) but where the vertical frame bars attach
(and pivot) to the brackets.  That is where the cotter pins are and the
problem they cause :-)  Maybe you could fill me in on the mechanism located
there...

Perhaps I just need to see what one of these things looks like in person <g>
I like the idea of a stow away top, but my top is new and the rear window is
clear -- who cares if I keep ripping my shirts (hehehe).  Maybe when this
top is old and ripped and all I will opt for the stowaway and recoup that
space behind the seats.

Thanks for the help,
Ross
+ Ross A. Goldberg (aka Loki) +