MGB-starter?relay?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB-starter?relay?
From: cjung@direct.ca (chris jung)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 06:30:04 -0800
I decided to fire up my '72 MGB roadster this weekend, but I found a few
problems.  First of all, it wouldn't run, but I'll attend to that later.
After attempting to start the car a few times, the starter motor wouldn't
spin and the solenoid didn't click.  Thinking that the solenoid was jammed,
I pulled it off of the car.  I hooked it up to a battery and the starter was
fine in all ways.  I wired it to the car to test it, and it didn't work.
What would be the next logical thing to check?  Should I replace the starter
relay, or should I test the ignition switch?  Any advice will help!!!

        Chris Jung, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
        '72 MGB roadster, '89 Mustang LX 5.0