Re: chipped windshield

To: Greg Johnson <johnsong@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: chipped windshield
From: Don Mathis <tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 14:57:43 -0500
CORRECTION - Correction - CORRECTION !!!

With all due respect, I believe you have me speaking "out of place" !
The "Don Mathis Wrote: " should be about 11 lines lower next to,
"Speaking of the insurance guy....."

When I first read this, it appeared that I was suggesting faking an auto
damage to collect insurance.  I just don't do things like that.  It's just
NOT me.  I'm sure you didn't mean to structure your note that way but it did
come out that way.

Your reputation is what others think of you; your integrity is what you
think of yourself.  I just like me better being honest.  Cheers -

>Don Mathis wrote:
>>
>> >If you have glass coverage on your windshield and it is all pitted and you
>> would like a new one, just keep pushing on the chip until you get a nice big
>> crack and call your insurance guy. After 190,000 mi on the car I did it was
>> pretty tough to see out even shen the window was clean.
>> >
>> >- -Mark "Waiting for another chip" Jurras
>>
>> Speaking of the insurance guy.......I believe most auto insurance policies
>> cover windshields with NO deductable.  I believe you're allowed 1 windshield
>> replacement per year.
>> I believe this has been abused so much (at least in Nova Scotia) that
>most, if not all insurance companies have increased the deductable for
>windshields substantially!
>
>Greg Johnson
>
>BATANS Homepage: http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html

Don Mathis,Ph.D.