Re: Double clutching

To: JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Double clutching
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 16:02:18 -0500
Item Subject: Double clutching
          Jay,

          You don't need to drive truck to double de-clutch.

          It sounds to me like your description is about right.

          Alan

Subject: Double clutching
Author:  Non-HP-JLAIFMAN (JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com) at HP-USA,shargw2
Date:    3/26/96 11:48 AM

>> From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
>>           >           But, second gear synchro is trash!

>Can you double clutch??
***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 3/26/96 9:41a

Not being a truck driver, and having the benefit of full sychro on any
car I have ever owned, I have not had the occasion to learn how to double
clutch.  Can someone explain the process.  My understanding is that you
push the clutch in to take the stick out of gear and into neutral, you
release the clutch, blip the gas, put the clutch back it, and then put
the stick in the new gear.  Is that right?

Jay Laifman