Re: Starter problems OK

To: chris jung <cjung@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: Starter problems OK
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:05:25 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, chris jung wrote:

> Thank you to all of you who gave me some great advice on my starter problem.
> Yes, my '72 MGB starts and runs now.  I found out that my relay was not
> working, and that my ignition switch has a bad contact.  My car wouldn't run
> because the condensor lead had worked itself loose.  All of this occured
> because I left the car sitting for 5 months.

During storage you may get corrosion due to non-use resulting in bad
contacts, but generally not because leads work themselves loose. The
only way that could happen is because of temerature changes and that
would occur regardless of storage.

>  Next year, I'll remember to
> start the car regularly during the storage period.

Bad idea. It'll will just result in corrosive combustion products in
your engine oil and in the exhaust, eating away at your car. Store the
car with clean oil and don't restarts it till the next time you want
to use it.

Dirk