Re: Comment/Question Re: Floor rust - B

To: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Comment/Question Re: Floor rust - B
From: R Glenn Stauffer <stauffer@swarthmore.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 07:55:52 -0500 (EST)
I've heard good things about POR-15.  Someone told me that they used it on
a car Chassis and it has resisted re-rusting for over 7 years.  Another
option is Corroless sold by Eastwood.  I've used this on a variety of parts
and it seems very durable.  Either product is definitely better than the
3m rust converter stuff you can buy anywhere.

BTW, check out the latest JC Whitney catalog, they are selling a moisture
cure urethane paint that sounds suspiciously like POR-15 with a Whitney
label.  I think they want $27/quart which may not be alot cheaper than
buying POR-15 direct.  Bill Hirsch also sells a POR-15 re-label product
which is more expensive.

Glenn