What was it?

To: "'MG Newsgroup'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What was it?
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 15:20:53 -0400
As most of you already know, I am giving my wife a restored MGA for her =
birthday in June.  She keeps asking me for clues as to the present and I =
have been giving her really difficult ones that will only tend to =
confuse her more. So far:

Octagon
14408  (the car's vin number, but she thinks it's a zip code)
French Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Butterscotch Topping (yeah, the =
colors!)
M1839 (the '56 plate I have registered for the car)
She asked me how big it is and I responded bigger than a bread box.
She asked me if we could take it on vacation this summer and I responded =
"If we drive, yes, but if we fly, no, it won't fit in the plane"

I am about ready to hit her with:  Pat Boone, Ann Margaret and Emily.  =
As I recall the re-make of State Fair featured an MGA, upon which Pat =
Boone affectionately painted the name "Emily" in honor of Ann Margaret.  =
Then I got to wondering if it really was an 'A.  Anyone know for sure?

Any other wonderful suggestions for clues?