Re: Sputtering MGA

To: MR JOHN M ROGERS <VFVR80E@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Sputtering MGA
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 22:53:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, MR JOHN M ROGERS wrote:

> -- [ From: John Rogers * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --
>
> For a long, long time my MGA has been faithful to me and not left me
> stranded anywhere (how many folks can say that about a LBC).  Recently,
> after it has warmed up (and gotten me sufficiently away from the house)
> it loses power, spits and sputters kind of like firing on two
> cylinders.  I'll roll to a stop and give it gas and it will backfire,
> etc. and then stop.  Last time it did this it was with my wife (who I

I suspect you are right about a fuel problem--perhaps the pump, but also
consider that something may be drifting around in your tank and occluding
your fuel pickup.  Next time it happens, I coast to a stop and pull a
cover off one of the float bowls to see if it's full.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910