Sputtering MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sputtering MGA
From: VFVR80E@prodigy.com (MR JOHN M ROGERS)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:31:49, -0500
-- [ From: John Rogers * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about my sputtering
MGA.  It was as you suspected.   I wasn't getting but a trickle of fuel
to my carbs.  I checked the line back to the fuel pump... OK.  Checked
the line into the fuel tank from the fuel pump.. OK.. Hm, must be the
fuel pump.  So I tore it down and what do you think I found?  You
guessed it, crud in the elbow connection pointing back to the fuel
tank.  I could hardly blow air through it.  Runs great now.  I guess
that will mean dropping the fuel tank and cleaning it out to prevent a
reoccurance.

Do any of you have experience with the fuel tank cleanout and coating
type products?

Also, while I'm posting, I've got a couple of worn front shocks.  What
is the "net" opinion on new (translate expensive) vs. rebuilt lever
shocks.  Rebuilts are much cheaper but are they a bad investment?  Has
anyone had experience with Apple hydraulic's work on these?