Re: Driving Skill

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving Skill
From: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:49:51 BST
> Some people live a considerable distance from a motorway and the cost, in a
> driving lesson would be out of the question.  I agree with you that in
> theory it's a good idea, but realism just does not allow for it.

OK, so people who live a long way from motorways won't want to
use them anyway. If they do want to, they can do a supplementary
test; if they don't have a motorway licence and they are pulled over,
they get 3 points. In my opinion, the cost would be easily outweighed by
increased driver awareness and skill.

Stephen Brook
Brunel University
London