Tonneau stretching?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tonneau stretching?
From: "Alan Bidgood" <Alan_Bidgood@qmail4.nba.TRW.COM>
Date: 26 Apr 1996 09:24:06 -0700
I have just recently tried to fit the small tonneau boot on my
1978 MGB and although it isn't particularly cool at the moment
here in California, I find I can only fit one side onto the 'pop' studs.
The other side just won't reach, it needs to stretch about 1 to
1&1/2 inches.  Obviously I will leave it out in the sun for a while
and see if that helps, but I wondered if anyone else has any
experience of this problem and hence come up with a solution
or method of stretching it?

               Thanking you in anticipation?

                                                           Alan B.'