Replacing Heads on MGB

Subject: Replacing Heads on MGB
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 08:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone:

Here's the situation: My '79 B seems to have a burnt valve.  I have low
compression in #2.  I have a 62-64 rebuilt head that I bought from an
import car parts dealer who was getting out of the LBC business.  So,
I've been thinking about replacing heads.

The Moss catalog sez that the heads are interchangable, other than:

1. No air injection holes - will the CA smog police notice?
2. Must use manual choke  - ditto
3. Oil hole in rocker stand is at a different location - anyone have any
info on that?  Can I just drill aother hole in it, so that it can be used
with both type heads?

The VB catalog lists a different manifold gasket for 74.5-80 than the
others - any info on that?

Thanks everyone.....

Jim Mellander
jmel@netcom.com